Terms & Conditions
Sacred Cellar Ltd - Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the Sacred Cellar website, Loyalty Card Scheme and relationship with Sacred Cellar Ltd who trade through www.sacredcellar.co.uk and its shop located at: Loriner House, Broad Street, Cuckfield, West Sussex, RH17 5LJ. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not register for or use the site.
1. These terms and conditions and the Loyalty Scheme are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
2. Sacred Cellar Ltd reserves the right to add or amend these terms and conditions. Customers will be notified on its website at www.sacredcellar.co.uk in the event of any change.
3. We shall not be liable for any failure to meet our obligations laid out in these Terms and Conditions occasioned by circumstances beyond our reasonable control (force majeure).
1. By placing an order through www.sacredcellar.couk you warrant that:
a) You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts
b) You are at least 18 years old
2. Orders may be filled and placed by clicking the 'confirm order' button. In doing this you are making an offer to buy from us within our terms. We will respond with an email confirmation of the order thus accepting your order upon receipt of payment or when we send you an invoice. If a mistake has been made in pricing or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for a good reason we will always contact you to notify you of the situation and ensure the new price is acceptable
3. All prices are quoted per bottle and per case including VAT and including excise duty unless otherwise stated.
4. While all efforts are made to keep the vintages up to date on the website, we reserve the right to dispatch wine from a newer vintage, should the older vintage be finished.
5. We may decline to sell any Product to you for any reason. We are not obliged to tell you the reason for our decision.
6. Sacred Cellar Ltd must receive payment in full before delivery will be arranged unless the Company has agreed credit terms. Sacred Cellar Ltd will not enter into a sale or return arrangement unless specifically agreed to prior to order confirmation.
7. Sacred Cellar uses a secure payment gateway to secure payments processed through the website, ensuring the connection is encrypted when transmitting banking information and safeguarding your financial data. All credit and charge card transactions are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the security department or Sacred Cellar Ltd suspect fraud we have the right to cancel the transaction.
1. 48 hour delivery of goods within mainland UK on orders received by 12pm (subject to all stock being on the premises at Sacred Cellar, Loriner House, Broad Street, Cuckfield, West Sussex, RH17 5LJ.
2. A free, same-day local delivery service can be offered on deliveries of all wines in stock, within 10 miles of Sacred Cellar’s shop in Loriner House, Broad Street, Cuckfield, West Sussex, RH17 5LJ.
3. Regional and national deliveries are carried out Monday-Friday. Some local deliveries are possible on Saturdays after 6pm for items in stock.
4. Orders must be received by 12.00pm to be dispatched that day, and we aim to deliver within 48 hours of dispatch. Orders received after 12.00pm will not be dispatched until the following working day. If a wine is not in stock, you shall be contacted with a date when you can expect delivery.
5. If you require your order urgently, please make sure this is made clear when placing the order. Please ensure adequate instructions are noted in the delivery details on your order.
6. Regional and national deliveries are normally made between the hours of 9am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. Please provide as much information as possible when placing your order to ensure safe delivery of your wine.
7. During busy periods such as Christmas, please allow an extra two days for your parcels to be dispatched and delivered. All Christmas deliveries must be placed by 14th December, to ensure delivery in time for Christmas.
8. For delivery to any non-mainland UK destination (including Scottish Highlands), please contact us for rates.
9. You can select a future working day for delivery if you wish.
10. A signature and age identification will be required at point of delivery if requested.
11. Please notify us within 24 hours of delivery of any shortages or breakages.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
1. We are committed to complete customer satisfaction. If you are not completely satisfied with any product purchased from us, simply return it to us within 28 days of receipt, and we will issue a refund for the value of the returned items.
2. All refunds will be net of any delivery charges.
3. All returned items must be in their original, undamaged packaging and we will consider the overall condition when making a refund (this does not affect your statutory rights in the event of receipt of faulty goods). Please inform us by email of your intention to return goods, explaining why they are being returned, and ensure that the goods are securely packaged for their return, to avoid any damage in transit. You, the customer, are fully responsible for any return transit charges.
4. Should the wrong item(s) be dispatched, we shall arrange for the collection of the goods in question, along with either the refund or re-dispatch of the goods requested as soon as the error is brought to our attention.
1. If you wish to cancel your order, this must be done via email to email@example.com. If the items have not been dispatched, then a full refund will be issued. If the wines have already been dispatched, please see above for our Returns and Refunds policy.
1. We value every customer, and will do all we can to ensure the safety of our customers' personal information at all times. All online transactions are processed using the latest industry standards for secure online payment processing. For security reasons, we request that no Credit Card information be sent by email.
2. Your name and address will only be entered on our mailing list if you have specifically requested this, or if you have purchased from us online. This information will be used to contact you in order to arrange the delivery of an order, or to forward information regarding wine tastings, offers or promotions that we are currently running through our monthly newsletter. We will not under any circumstances pass your information on to any third parties.
3. If you would like us to remove your information from our mailing list, just let us know by email and we shall do so immediately.
In the event of complaint please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org giving as much detail as you can. All complaints will be acknowledged within 48 hours and you can expect a full resolution of your complaint within a further 72 hours. You will be kept informed if there is any delay beyond this. Each complaint will be treated as confidential.
LOYALTY CARD SCHEME
1. Valid activated cards can be used as full or part payment of goods at Sacred Cellar, for purchases made online at sacredcellar.co.uk, and for discounts redeemable with our selected suppliers. No change or refunds will be given where the sales transaction is for an amount less than the balance on the card, but the balance may be applied to future purchases.
2. This card cannot be exchanged for cash or used as a deposit on a credit agreement and is not a credit card, debit card or cheque guarantee card.
3. Only one card per person/email address is permitted. You must be over 18 years of age and a UK resident. You should not share this card with anyone else and we reserve the right to refuse its use if you are not the card holder
4. Sacred Cellar Ltd cannot be held liable for lost, stolen or damaged cards or any credit amounts on such cards. Please treat this card as if it were cash. If your Card is lost, stolen or is not working please contact a member of staff at a Sacred Cellar or call 01444 456354. Sacred Cellar reserves the right not to issue a replacement Card.
5. The card may be used for payment of goods of a higher price than the current card balance on payment of the difference. Overpayments, where goods are subsequently exchanged for goods of a lower price, will be added to the balance of the card.
6. To participate in the Sacred Cellar Loyalty Card scheme, you need to have created an account at sacredcellar.co.uk and received your Loyalty Card (subject to these terms and conditions.)
7. Sacred Cellar Loyalty Cards remain the property of Sacred Cellar Ltd and can only be used for the loyalty card points reward programme when making purchases in Sacred Cellar, online at www.sacredcellar.co.uk, or when claiming discounts redeemable with selected suppliers.
8. To earn points, you must present the Loyalty Card to the cashier at the time of purchase. The Loyalty Card number must be entered correctly onto the website transaction page. Incorrect or invalid card numbers will not qualify. Transactions made without the card cannot be recorded and therefore cannot count towards your rewards.
9. Points are allocated for each whole pound spent and have no monetary value until converted.
10. The Loyalty Card Scheme is only for consumer use. The Loyalty Card cannot be used for any transaction where the beneficiary is a business entity.
11. The Loyalty Card can only be used by the registered user. Neither the Card nor the points are transferable to other Loyalty Cardholders.
12. If you breach these terms and conditions or if Sacred Cellar Ltd reasonably believes that you have abused the Loyalty Card Scheme and/or breached these terms your card may be terminated without prior notice. Sacred Cellar Ltd reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary where a Loyalty Cardholder is found to have abused the scheme including withholding points previously credited to your account.
13. Sacred Cellar Ltd reserves the right to alter products included or excluded from the Scheme or to change the number of participating shops at any time.
14. Sacred Cellar Ltd reserves the right to decline issue, withdraw the Loyalty Card or alter its term &conditions (including the value or points) at any time, or terminate the Loyalty Card Scheme without notice. Sacred Cellar Ltd will notify Cardholders of any changes to these terms and conditions. Notices detailing the revised terms will be available in Sacred Cellar and on www.sacredcellar.co.uk.
15. Cardholders cannot claim points on purchases made before they joined the Loyalty Card Scheme.
16. Loyalty Cardholders will receive points on qualifying transactions. Loyalty points are awarded at a rate of 1 point for every full £10.00 spent. These can be altered at the discretion of Sacred Cellar Ltd at reasonable notice to you. The number of points issued may vary between purchases. Sacred Cellar Ltd reserves the right to vary the rates at any time with reasonable notice to you. There is no minimum amount of points balance.
17. Points will usually be loaded onto your card within 24 hours, except in circumstances of system failure. Sacred Cellar Ltd takes no responsibility for circumstances beyond their control. Points cannot be redeemed until loaded on to the card and converted.
18. The full points value on an item will only be earned if no points value is redeemed as part of the transaction. When points are redeemed as part of the transaction, points will be awarded on the cash balance.
19. Points have no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged, sold or transferred.
20. Sacred Cellar Ltd may if it so wishes, reverse the associated points earned or redeemed if a transaction on which points are earned or redeemed is cancelled or reversed or when a product is returned. For instore purchases, the Loyalty Cardholder must present their Loyalty Card to sales staff so that the points awarded can be debited from or credited to the Loyalty Card when the product is being returned.
21. The Scheme can be used in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, but Sacred Cellar Ltd reserves the right to withdraw this at any time or may alter the products included or excluded in a promotion
22. Loyalty Card points are attributable to private retail customers only.